2013 Ford Ranger 2013 transfer box problem

PC Treescapes

Hi all, I have a 2013 Ford Ranger T6 with the 2.2 engine. It went in for a recall issue 2 years ago and the main dealer was useless, to cut a long story short they eventually dropped it back having sorted the few simple issues and were meant to bring it on a truck. However they drove it back the 20 miles to mine. Unfortunately they guy who drove it had it in 4wd the whole way. The dealership assured me no damage done and it would be fine. However two years later and another 15,000 miles it has been out of warranty a month, and yesterday started leaking oil out of the transfer box. My local mechanic recons it is the rear seal on the transfer box but ford have advised him there is a special puller needed to remove the old seal between the box and rear drive shaft that only main dealers have. Does any one know if the trip in 4wd could have damaged they seal through overheating - just want an idea before I call the original ford garage tomorrow, as they will obviously say no.Truck does very little towing other than small chipper sometimes , and little off road work. Many thanks. Peter

Hi, how far was it driven ? and other factor is the speed, on these t6 models none of the oil in either transfer or transmission or diffs is due for a change till 100k which is a lot of miles, my gut feel is it prob did not hurt it, however you can always ask your dealer to use the clp budget it's a customer loyalty program and its for situations where you are loyal to the brand and the dealer, dealer loyalty is key so if u bought it from them and they service it, then you could get a good result, u may need to talk to cust services but the dealer can submit a case for you without speaking to cust Serv provided you've been loyal ! and they have not spent the budget, failing that try goodwill claim with cust services may still get it covered, hope this helps u out

Hi, how far was it driven ? and other factor is the speed, on these t6 models none of the oil in either transfer or transmission or diffs is due for a change till 100k which is a lot of miles, my gut feel is it prob did not hurt it, however you can always ask your dealer to use the clp budget it's a customer loyalty program and its for situations where you are loyal to the brand and the dealer, dealer loyalty is key so if u bought it from them and they service it, then you could get a good result, u may need to talk to cust services but the dealer can submit a case for you without speaking to cust Serv provided you've been loyal ! and they have not spent the budget, failing that try goodwill claim with cust services may still get it covered, hope this helps u out

Thanks for this, it was 20 miles, mainly motorway but don't know if he was in traffic or not. I got it 6 months old from an independent garage, have not been loyal to ford dealer that did the recall work as they were useless. Now just got to decide whether to go back to them and see if they will do anything, or just go to my other local ford dealership and pay for the work

ok fair enough, there is not much oil in there, I think like 1.5 ish litres so you are doing the right thing by getting it sorted and avoid any consequential damage, I would not think 20 miles would have hurt it, if u look on you tube at some of the tests ford do, you see how tough these trucks are, you prob have open diffs anyway most do, it's rare to have the lsd and the locking diffs, but some do, hope u get it sorted ok

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk