new yank truck anyone

jose

I run a F350 but not a Dually and down rated to3.5 from 5/6 Ton in the States , if it has been through the appropriate vosa test etc then it will gross at 10t possibly, they run on 8 stud axles so possible. Also that has the Lastest engine fitted which is reliable compared to the other 6.0 and 6.4 Diesels that literally Haemorrhage money . Great trucks but they have a turning circle of the Titanic but nothing will touch it for Towing !

I am working in Chester tomorrow right by that Dealer so one will have to have a nosey .

Ste

I was about to start looking for an iveco daily tipper to run alongside the supercab ranger tipper which has become the bottleneck in our work rate. But now that truck would make me very happy going to work!

Amazing work horse and they are Physically massive trucks compared to Iveco and transits etc .

Ste

The 10 Ton capacity must refer to the Gross Maximum Ve-hical Weight - ie. it presupposes the driver and passenger each weigh 500kg. Plus the fuel - another 500kg. Plus lunch and soda pop - 250kg per person. So the payload is only really 8 tonnes. Would they be short tonnes or long tonnes? I heard the USA tonne is a bit lighter....Easyliftguy?

The 10 Ton capacity must refer to the Gross Maximum Ve-hical Weight - ie. it presupposes the driver and passenger each weigh 500kg. Plus the fuel - another 500kg. Plus lunch and soda pop - 250kg per person. So the payload is only really 8 tonnes. Would they be short tonnes or long tonnes? I heard the USA tonne is a bit lighter....Easyliftguy?

2000 lb for a ton here in Florida. This fish tale of 10,000 Ton capacity is a real whopper. I own a 2000 F-350 dullie with the V-10 Triton engine, petrol model.

I can haul in the back of the bed up to 4,000 lbs comfortably. I would not try and haul more simply because there is no additional room. Roughly once a month I pull a 36' trailer around and the overall gross weight is 24,000 lbs.

Anything more than that becomes problematic and stop and go traffic just gets to be to dramatic for me.

easy-lift guy