Very large amounts of elm available

Big J

Lots and lots and lots of elm here at the moment. :thumbup:

Loads of unsawn logs, ranging from £10-18 a cubic foot if anyone wants it green. Otherwise, I've got two kiln loads of elm opening at the end of January, so there will be nearly 500 cubic foot of 2" and 1.5" at £30-40 a cubic foot (the pricier stuff will be the very pippy boards or the 14ft boards, 27" wide, 2" thick, one side straight edged and no heart as it's from a 4ft diameter tree).

Mantle piece stock a plenty as well (albeit, it's not cut yet - could quite easily do a very full pallet load of elm mantle pieces for £14/cubic foot).

All prices plus VAT.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With you I imagine a big cartoon Guy with trees being tipped constantly and you and your toys churning out timber products at the other side.

Good to see somebody making a go of using slow home grown timber in to higher value timber product. Much respect to you in this age of mdf swell board and manufactured trash for the masses.

Slight derail but did you get the trailer from Germany. If so could you tell us on the thread.

With you I imagine a big cartoon Guy with trees being tipped constantly and you and your toys churning out timber products at the other side.

Good to see somebody making a go of using slow home grown timber in to higher value timber product. Much respect to you in this age of mdf swell board and manufactured trash for the masses.

Slight derail but did you get the trailer from Germany. If so could you tell us on the thread.

Many thanks sir! I have fun, though I'm starting to think that the installation of lots of working lights at the yard isn't necessarily a good thing. The working days have suddenly gotten a lot longer!

Didn't get the trailer as I had a chance encounter with VOSA not long after posting that thread and charged with driving without a tacho. Just outwith of the 50km radius (that is going up to 100km in March, and given that I've not heard from the PF, I'm hoping that given I was very honest and open, they've decided to drop it).

Need to sort the tow vehicle with a tacho before thinking about new trailers. Definitely still on the cards though.

Jonathan

Edited by Big J

This really upsets me as not so long ago you made the point of coming across as as needing help with an injured dog when in reality you are better off than most of us on here ? I actually sent you money to help ? what a wake up call . Bad in my view .

Just the same as the other guy whos post seems to have vanished ? Help fix my forwarder lol ?

Who's going to fix my chipper and tools . Oops and the strimmer that broke on a contract ?

There is some cheeky or rather greedy ***** on here :2gunsfiring_v1:

This really upsets me as not so long ago you made the point of coming across as as needing help with an injured dog when in reality you are better off than most of us on here ? I actually sent you money to help ? what a wake up call . Bad in my view .

Just the same as the other guy whos post seems to have vanished ? Help fix my forwarder lol ?

Who's going to fix my chipper and tools . Oops and the strimmer that broke on a contract ?

There is some cheeky or rather greedy ***** on here :2gunsfiring_v1:

I'm not quite sure I'm following your grievance. You help was indeed hugely appreciated, and I'm sure that you can appreciate that financial circumstances for the self employed change constantly. I didn't ask for any financial contribution and Katie (our Collie, who is very nearly weaned off her meds for Aplastic Pancytopenia) has cost us over £3000 beyond what our insurance covered this year. This coincided with us expecting our first child, so any sense of panic on my part stemmed from that.

I'm really somewhat stumped - you send me (again, a very kind, but unrequested) donation in response to me getting onto Arbtalk a couple of days after finding out my dog is unlikely to survive the sudden onset of a life threatening condition, and then 10 months later begrudge me the fact that business seems to be going pretty well? I don't understand it! :001_huh:

Lots and lots and lots of elm here at the moment. :thumbup:

Loads of unsawn logs, ranging from £10-18 a cubic foot if anyone wants it green. Otherwise, I've got two kiln loads of elm opening at the end of January, so there will be nearly 500 cubic foot of 2" and 1.5" at £30-40 a cubic foot (the pricier stuff will be the very pippy boards or the 14ft boards, 27" wide, 2" thick, one side straight edged and no heart as it's from a 4ft diameter tree).

Mantle piece stock a plenty as well (albeit, it's not cut yet - could quite easily do a very full pallet load of elm mantle pieces for £14/cubic foot).

All prices plus VAT.

Hi Jon would have any seasoned for our house mate size of room 30SQ MT and price thanks Jon men dip logs

You yourself asked for donations and I graciously offered mine . Which as you said was happily received by you and yours . Although the elm you are selling did not grow to that value over 10 months ................... It just hinders me helping another arbtalker in a similar situation .. Just sounds wrong to me , which means it probably is . I hope one of Arbtalks sensible mods would explain this to the chief . Please stop people begging its just not want the general crowd want after a day at work ? Regards all Paul Bell

Hi Jon would have any seasoned for our house mate size of room 30SQ MT and price thanks Jon men dip logs

Nothing dry, though a lot of 1.5" going in tomorrow. Elm is a tricky one for flooring though as it moves around a lot. I still have a slight surplus of Beech, though to get 30 square metres might be tricky. I did have another beech log come in today though which could bulk it out. The other issue is that the elm at 1.5" is going to make for some very thick flooring (expensive on raw materials).

You yourself asked for donations and I graciously offered mine . Which as you said was happily received by you and yours . Although the elm you are selling did not grow to that value over 10 months ................... It just hinders me helping another arbtalker in a similar situation .. Just sounds wrong to me , which means it probably is . I hope one of Arbtalks sensible mods would explain this to the chief . Please stop people begging its just not want the general crowd want after a day at work ? Regards all Paul Bell

Hi I remember the situation with J and his dog, I love my dogs and couldn't think of being without them, didn't And still don't think Big J is out of order, infact I'm pleased for him he is encountering an influx of work and his dog is getting better. I would hope for the same outcome and the collective arbtalk as a community to help someone in need wouldn't we all!? He wasn't boasting about it just merely explaining he has high volumes of elm he needs rid of. P.s. I don't know big j infact never met him so don't think I'm just speaking up for a friend I just think you've had a few to many

I did not ask for donations, I offered items for sale, which went directly towards her care. At that point I was skint (happy to send you sales figures for January and February to illustrate that this is the very quietest time of year for me) and we were being told by the veterinary hospital that the bills could runs to thousands and thousands (which they have, albeit over nearly a year - last bill was 3 weeks ago at £198).

The elm I have in the yard (and all of what is being offered) is stock that has come in in the last 4 weeks. It is not anything that I had in stock at the time - had it been, it would have been offered for sale along with everything else that was offered.

Now I'll happily hold me hands up for things I fall short on, but this is not one of those occasions. I will not tolerate character assassination in any form, and if you will please PM me your bank details, I shall return you 'graciously' given donation.