would you ? should you ? do you ?

d-raittuk

Ok so a bit of a rant and know doubt this will split the masses on opinion.

how many of you see on a near day to day basis the have a go tree surgeon / gardener? No PPE shorts trainers one hand on a ground saw from a ladder poor work man ship etc etc

Do you take pictures? should you? and then put them on the internet to try and hinder them trading? because in my eyes they shouldn't be doing that work if there not qualified to do so. we all have to go out spend grands on kit, insurance training etc.

this is not a jab at being under cut buy them or losing work to them because there welcome to it just promotes using a pro in the first place.

whats everyones thoughts on the "rouge trader" :thumbdown:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would never dream of taking pictures of someone else's work and putting it on the internet, to try and hinder them trading. I would take a lot more pleasure in putting my work on the internet, in an effort to promote my work. Just my opinion though.

I saw a group of so & so's working close to me a few years ago who worked in jeans, trainers, baseball caps and ear defenders, that was it. The work they were doing was truly awful, their work practices were diabolical and this really p****d me off as I had spent a long time in my area trying to improve peoples perception of what tree work should look like and how it should be undertaken.

I called the TO; they weren't working on TPO'd trees therefore nowt he could do. I called the HSE ref their bad work practices and potential accidents and was asked the following, and I quote, 'If I could get their names and addresses from them and pass them on to the HSE, they'd make inroads into having a chat with them'; yeah right, get my head smashed in more like.

Suffice to say in my opinion, until the powers that be start to take notice whats the point in getting stressed by them.

Personally, I would never dream of taking pictures of someone else's work and putting it on the internet, to try and hinder them trading. I would take a lot more pleasure in putting my work on the internet, in an effort to promote my work. Just my opinion though.
:thumbup1:

Let your own work speak for itself. If you have to discredit others work to get your own what does that say?

Ok so a bit of a rant and know doubt this will split the masses on opinion.

how many of you see on a near day to day basis the have a go tree surgeon / gardener? No PPE shorts trainers one hand on a ground saw from a ladder poor work man ship etc etc

Do you take pictures? should you? and then put them on the internet to try and hinder them trading? because in my eyes they shouldn't be doing that work if there not qualified to do so. we all have to go out spend grands on kit, insurance training etc.

this is not a jab at being under cut buy them or losing work to them because there welcome to it just promotes using a pro in the first place.

whats everyones thoughts on the "rouge trader" :thumbdown:

couldnt give a toss ,leave them too it ,iv got more important thing to worry about :biggrin: