Transit mileage?

jamesd

Just wandering how many miles peoples transits have done?

I've got a 56 plate with almost 110000 miles on the clock and was wandering at what mileage i should consider getting a new one? Its had a few issues recently brake servo leaking and crankshaft pulley falling off!

Hi, i have a 53plate which has done 250 thousand and going strong still. Have a mate

whos a fitter who worked for a firm which runs them till 500 thousand. Have had a few

Problems, clutch slave and master cylinders needed changing and a couple of other

small bits, but these are normal wearing items. On the whole pretty good though.

Find the lack of power the most annoying thing about it (90 hp). Will change it for a 115/125

The next one.

I've got 2 Transits 1998 one 185,000 miles and it's been worked very hard and is still going strong. The other one is a 2007 to get to 130,000 miles it had 3 gearboxes and a new engine and endless other bits.

It's a bit like triggers brush!

Personally I would not buy a new transit.

Mines a 55plate 115, had it nearly 5years, not missed a beat until march this year, slave & master cylinder, clutch...starter motor is next as it just clicks at me in the mornings. Not heard much good about the new shape tranists though

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

06 115 DC here with 85k.

DMF shat itself last year and was swapped out for a solid, clutch replaced as well.

New alternator before Christmas.

All good bar that, but a few rust issues to sort.

I fancy a Jap king cab tipper next time, but the truth is they're just not big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Mines a 55plate 115, had it nearly 5years, not missed a beat until march this year, slave & master cylinder, clutch...starter motor is next as it just clicks at me in the mornings. Not heard much good about the new shape tranists though

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

Whats wrong with the new ones then? Iwas thinking of just getting another transit if i replaced this one.

06 115 DC here with 85k.

DMF shat itself last year and was swapped out for a solid, clutch replaced as well.

New alternator before Christmas.

All good bar that, but a few rust issues to sort.

I fancy a Jap king cab tipper next time, but the truth is they're just not big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Mines had a new flywheel and clutch as well along with a few other wearing parts, had a problem with the injectors too but that was sorted.

Part of the reason i'm reluctant to change the vehicle is i know the history of it and what work its already had. So its just how long its actually worth keeping tbh.

Vehicles are always a bit of a gamble as whoever you ask they've all got there own opinions and different experiences with them!