two question about 560xp husqvrana

salter

so what the best way to un them in

I don't remember reading anything in particular in the manual other than the bit about setting the autotune first time you use it, which means revving it fairly high right from the off.

Seem to remember I just went a bit steady with it for the first day and then pretty much as normal after that.

If hot decomp choke on then of prime and pull away but the destruction manual will tell you all about it
The choke-on-then-off just sets it to half throttle. I haven't found any need to do that on warm starts, just decomp and pull. If it doesn't start on second pull then a couple of squishes on the primer bulb and you're away.

If hot DON'T use the choke . Put it on then strait off again to set to half throttle if you want but mine starts with out setting half throttle , just one pump of primer bulb . Remember that the ignition is always in the ON position , even when you turn it off it resets to on strait away . Forgetting this can sometimes cause people to accidentally flood it . As for running in forget it as you have to set the auto tune by cutting flat out the full length of the bar for a few cuts . It tells you in the book. The de comp button pops out just from compression even if it does not fire so to be kind to the starter mech I think it is best to push it in every time you pull it over . Once you get used to the slight differences from older saws you won't look back . Best 60cc saw I have ever owned .

Now reason to 'run it in'. They wouldn't put a saw out on the market that would be damaged in some way or wouldn't run as good if it hadn't been on tick over for a tank.

Don't even fanny around with half throttle, just go for it. That's what I did with my 550 and it's fine.

Oh, and take the spark arrestor out from the exhaust - a very noticeable difference on pickup speed and overall engine performance.

Leave it on Tickover for a tank, then use it as normal. That's what I've always been told and done, never had any problems with it.

Sorry don't think that's a good idea for the auto tune.. There is a recemendation in the manual of how husqvarna say it should be ran in its quite hard to find in there apparantly.

I burried my 15" bar in 20" ash for a tank and not had any problems although the saw can behave a little weird at times if temps drastically change or cutting conditions change but even if a restart is required it clears its glitches in a few revs of the throttle I guess whilst the auto tune does it thing then its ripping again.