Granberg precision grinder

Robert Raven

Bought a 12v Granberg Precision Grinder from chainsawbars.co.uk a couple of weeks ago- just wanted to recommend it to anyone thinking about improving their sharpening! Even if your pretty good with a hand file, this thing is such a breeze to use and gets your cutters utterly perfect and uniform every time. The saw cuts so well compared to hand sharpening I reckon it'll save £££ just in petrol, let alone time saved.

£50 well spent, cheers Rob D.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fourth thumbs up from me! Dead quick and easy to put on/ use take off. When the grinding stones wear down too much for cutter teeth I then use them for depth gauge filing. Grinder and stones are a good value buy from Rob.:001_smile::thumbup:

I've deliberately kept the grinder stones at a good price so that it's not too painful to get more in if needed.

A vid of the grinder in use is below. Granberg also do a file version - the file and joint - this works well up to 18" or so bars but a but slow beyond that.

:001_smile:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5shPjj-i8&list=UU9K0KfLNH84tuWi2VjlSlCg&index=5&feature=plcp]chainsawbars.co.uk - Granberg 12volt precision ginder - G1012XT - YouTube[/ame]

I bought one about 3 months ago from you Rob but didn't get round to using it till this weekend just gone (sorry!) as I hadn't used my saws very much over the summer!

A mate of mine had been cutting gorse bushes off some rock ends and made a right mess of his chain so seemed the perfect opportunity to give it a try out as he was thinking he might have to get a new chain so I had nothing to lose if I made a mess of it. It came out really well. Was very easy to use, now I've used it once I'll be able to get set up faster next time :thumbup1:

Belated thanks :001_smile:

so this has caught my interest after a miserable time yesterday cutting really dirty wood for a mate as firewood.

Can somebody who has one or rob help me with a few things please.

how easy to set up

do i need different kit to use on different saws, 357 and 372 apart from i guess stones

do i still do angle by eye or is it fixed

what kind of plug, cigarete lighter or battery clamps

Cheers

a maybe soon purchaser

so this has caught my interest after a miserable time yesterday cutting really dirty wood for a mate as firewood.

Can somebody who has one or rob help me with a few things please.

how easy to set up

do i need different kit to use on different saws, 357 and 372 apart from i guess stones

do i still do angle by eye or is it fixed

what kind of plug, cigarete lighter or battery clamps

Cheers

a maybe soon purchaser

Easy to set up, just clamps over the bar then set the height of the file and file stop up and you're ready to go.

Just different stones to suit your chain.

You set the angle on the dial, there's no filing by eye.

It comes with battery clamps.

Rob's video shows you how to use it including setting the angle on the dial.

Hope that helps :001_smile:

• 4 months later...