ms441 or 461?

RossK

Hello I am new to this forum and have been on the chainsaw bit for a couple of days because my ms261 is cooked.I am trying to work out what would best suit me next as a main saw, in that thread I already explained I am not a tree surgeon, more a smallholder with 10 hectors of forest. I have used chainsaws quite a lot.

I am at the point of thinking the ms441 or ms461 is where i'll put my money.

But a thought crossed my mind. it was a question between the too saw blade

lengths, ie people are saying run a 20inch blade on 441 but a 461 can take the 25inch. I sundenly thought of the gate posts I just put up 20cm by 20cmm 2.5mt long ( I used a chestnut that had fallen in the field in a storm) and thought that Alaskan saw mill set up would have been really usefull.

well I can think of 10 jobs exactly the same strait off tomorrow.

So as I know nothing about Alaskan sawmills, please excuse me if I ask daft questions.

Can you run a mill on a 441 or a 461 and which is more suited. Would it burn a saw like this out? it would be my main saw, and I really need it working and with a good longevity.

RossK

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use a 660 with 25" bar as my all round saw.

Changed last year to a 461 same size bar, won't go back. Great saw and ideal for side milling.

Bought 2 last year, not out of choice first won got nicked along with all my other chainsaws & gear but managed to get the newer one before they naffed it up the electronic carb!