Alaskan Mill ??

Arbtalk41

Good evening,

I have decided to buy a chainsaw mill to make the best use of my felled timber, currently felled during my felling courses as its stacking up !!

It has to be robust but nothing too expensive as it will be used periodically.

Could I ask for opinions please as which is the best one to start with and easiest to use?

I'll be using my Stihl 362-m as the power unit to mill.

Thanks in advance....

Lee

Depends on the size timber you want to mill. You can go for the 48'' Alaskan and adjust it to take any size bar up to that. If you are going to be milling a lot go for the Alaskan from Rob but don't like to say but if just the odd tree the copy mill might do. I have three mills from Rob and have milled tons of lumber with no problems. You could also buy the 24'' and add longer rails to it at a later date or buy the mini mill just goes on and on. I use my mini mill on the husky 365 with a 24'' bar and works a treat. Get a mill get the bug and have fun.

Kev