Toyota landcruiser 79 double cab at the APF

stanoverlander

well if all goes to plan we will have a 70 series landcruiser double cab on display at the APF

the overlander - stand 1130-1160 at the start/end of the demo circuit depending on your route direction ! just near the vintage at the top of the hill..

call in for a brew and check out the best pick up known to man (IMO:001_tt2:)

im not posting photos so i dont spoil the surprise :thumbup:

see you there

stan

well if all goes to plan we will have a 70 series landcruiser double cab on display at the APF

the overlander - stand 1130-1160 at the start/end of the demo circuit depending on your route direction ! just near the vintage at the top of the hill..

see you there

stan

Hi stan nice one mate will come over for a mug of tea :thumbup1:thanks Jon

see you there

stan

Will deffo want to see that - will make a bee-line for ya! :thumbup: Interested in the pickup myself but want to investigate 70 series for the long term.

• 3 weeks later...

see you there

stan

so whas the deal then, is the RHD option going to be imported, yew gonna bring in the 4.5 V8 derv if there is demand ? Did you take any deposits at the APF.... alas my £49.99 was not sufficient so was spent elsewhere.

well just back from the APF

what a week !

good to meet those that i had time to speak with and sorry i missed the rest !

hope you all enjoyed it..

so heres to recap on the many conversations and in some ways a little justification, not that its needed but ive read all the other posts!

RHD isnt available, as far as i can acertain any country that has them new cant export them, and if someone did manage to get a new v8 diesel in from aus then it wont meet euroV , and the germans have tried, so end of !

so what you saw is what ther is, its old technology fitted with an EGR system to meet euro v emmisions. its what all africa and the middle east use, its even got a cable to the accelerator pedal, no fly by wire and very little electronics, no carpets, no bullshit, a proven over many decades design that keeps the NGO s and oil workeres , miners etc of the world working.

these trucks come from the middle east, via germany where they get european type approval and the EGR fitted. even though it has the type approval i now have to go through the whole IVA testing, change headlights, speedo and loads of other bits

this is a major cost, along with transport from germany and the exchange rate fluctuations.

the truck at the apf also had some very nice, and expensive alloys with cooper ttyres on, so yes i can understand all the comments on price, and i will take it on the chin, its twice a hi lux, half a g wagon and a quarter a hummer !

some models will be cheaper, the single cab without alloys for example would be about £5k cheaper, so if anyone wants a quote on a specific spec please contact me!

for the serious user, the people fed up with down time due to breakdowns, the people fed up with towing weights, the ones having to change trucks every few years, or fed up with dealers only intersted in selling bling, i will be around with the truck as soon as i can !

well just back from the APF

what a week !

good to meet those that i had time to speak with and sorry i missed the rest !

hope you all enjoyed it..

so heres to recap on the many conversations and in some ways a little justification, not that its needed but ive read all the other posts!

RHD isnt available, as far as i can acertain any country that has them new cant export them, and if someone did manage to get a new v8 diesel in from aus then it wont meet euroV , and the germans have tried, so end of !

so what you saw is what ther is, its old technology fitted with an EGR system to meet euro v emmisions. its what all africa and the middle east use, its even got a cable to the accelerator pedal, no fly by wire and very little electronics, no carpets, no bullshit, a proven over many decades design that keeps the NGO s and oil workeres , miners etc of the world working.

these trucks come from the middle east, via germany where they get european type approval and the EGR fitted. even though it has the type approval i now have to go through the whole IVA testing, change headlights, speedo and loads of other bits

this is a major cost, along with transport from germany and the exchange rate fluctuations.

the truck at the apf also had some very nice, and expensive alloys with cooper ttyres on, so yes i can understand all the comments on price, and i will take it on the chin, its twice a hi lux, half a g wagon and a quarter a hummer !

some models will be cheaper, the single cab without alloys for example would be about £5k cheaper, so if anyone wants a quote on a specific spec please contact me!

for the serious user, the people fed up with down time due to breakdowns, the people fed up with towing weights, the ones having to change trucks every few years, or fed up with dealers only intersted in selling bling, i will be around with the truck as soon as i can !

I would say twice the Hilux equal to the G Wagon and half a Hummer.