county tractor ( I want one)

Ross Macneil

A few pictures of some county tractors taken today at corbridge Northumberland.Enjoy:biggrin:

[ATTACH]158485[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]158486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]158487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]158488[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]158489[/ATTACH]

HI ROSS they look great mate thanks for pics thanks jon :thumbup:

peatff. A county tractor will turn in its own length. No other machine will do this (that I know of). Some will say this is hard on the brakes......Well, I ran a County 764 for 25 years, my dad bought it from new in 1974 and it is still going ( I know the present owner) and it has had one set of brakes in this time, one engine rebuild, two clutches.....and it's on it's second crane. The first was a Wartsila the second is a Botex from Wilsons.

It's nice to see these in the show ring but I feel that the mollycoddling is a little extreme and they really should be working still.....That is what they were meant for!

codlasher

Edited by codlasher
  • Like 2

peatff. A county tractor will turn in its own length. No other machine will do this (that I know of). Some will say this is hard on the brakes....

I agree and it's only hard on the brakes if they don't lock. It is also only of academic interest when you are tushing a 50ft log out or pulling a trailer with 2 bays of pulp.

..Well, I ran a County 764 for 25 years, my dad bought it from new in 1974 and it is still going ( I know the present owner) and it has had one set of brakes in this time, one engine rebuild, two clutches.....and it's on it's second crane.

My first was 10 years old when I bought it in 1978 and was still working, if a bit battered, when I stopped, it currently awaits a bit of TLC as it's needed on a windblow job on a mates farm in Hampshire. The second 1974 model is working in semi retirement with farmer Rod and I hope still running and the third 1975 model festers in a field near here but still runs fine after years of forestry work. They all look like wrecks.

peatff. A county tractor will turn in its own length. No other machine will do this (that I know of). Some will say this is hard on the brakes......Well, I ran a County 764 for 25 years, my dad bought it from new in 1974 and it is still going ( I know the present owner) and it has had one set of brakes in this time, one engine rebuild, two clutches.....and it's on it's second crane. The first was a Wartsila the second is a Botex from Wilsons.

It's nice to see these in the show ring but I feel that the mollycoddling is a little extreme and they really should be working still.....That is what they were meant for!

codlasher

At last someone who knows how they should be driven:thumbup:.

Breaks on our old 764 have never been touched and it gets used in the tightest of spots

• Like 1